Information for Facebook Employees
- JX.JSON — JSON serializer and parser.
- JX.$A() — Convert an array-like object (usually arguments) into a real Array.
- JX.$AX() — Cast a value into an array, by wrapping scalars into singletons.
- JX.$E() — Throw an exception and attach the caller data in the exception.
- JX.bag() — "Bag of holding"; function that does nothing.
- JX.bind() — Create a function which invokes another function with a bound context and arguments (i.e., partial function application) when called; king of all functions.
- JX.copy() — Copy properties from one object to another.
- JX.id() — Identity function; returns the argument unmodified.
- JX.isArray() — Checks whether a value is an array.
- JX.keys() — Convert an object's keys into a list.
- JX.log() — Print a message to the browser debugging console (like Firebug).
- JX.onload() — Register a callback for invocation after DOMContentReady.
- JX.Base — This is not a real class, but JX.install() provides several methods which exist on all Javelin classes.
- JX.behavior() — Define a Javelin behavior, which holds glue code in a structured way.
- JX.initBehaviors() — Execute previously defined Javelin behaviors, running the glue code they contain to glue stuff together.
DOM and Markup
- JX.DOM — Query and update the DOM.
- JX.HTML — Upcast a string into an HTML object so it is treated as markup instead of plain text.
- JX.Vector — Query and update positions and dimensions of nodes (and other things) within within a document.
- JX.$() — Select an element by its "id" attribute, like document.getElementById().
- JX.$H() — Build a new HTML object from a trustworthy string.
- JX.$N() — Create a new DOM node with attributes and content.
- JX.$V() — Convenience function that returns a JX.Vector instance.
- JX.URI — Convert a string URI into a maleable object.
- JX.$U() — Handy convenience function that returns a JX.URI instance.
Controls and UI
- JX.Mask — Show a "mask" over the page for lightboxes or dialogs.
- JX.Tokenizer — A tokenizer is a UI component similar to a text input, except that it allows the user to input a list of items ("tokens"), generally from a fixed set of results.
- JX.Typeahead — A typeahead is a UI component similar to a text input, except that it suggests some set of results (like friends' names, common searches, or repository paths) as the user types them.